Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas, Bonny was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria to train world class workforce for the Oil and Gas sector which is the mainstay of the nation’s economy. Bonny, located in the heart of the Niger Delta, is home to several international oil and gas companies and has a rich cultural heritage.
The location is ideal for collaboration with industry and we will focus on teaching, training, re-training and research for the oil and gas sub sectors. The industry faces the challenge of finding world class graduates and this polytechnic will work on filling this gap. We intend to make the most of our opportunities to create an excellent culture of learning. The school in recognition of the ever changing need for highly skilled personnel would employ the following time tested principles:
- Comprehensive, inclusive and innovative curriculum.
- Robust vocational and practical training to meet industry needs which is rapidly changing.
- High competence training with global best practices
- Collaboration and joint ventures with top-ranking institutions around the globe with similar mandate and focus to ensure our graduates can compete globally.
- Hands-on practical training will be emphasized in all programmes and professionalism/certifications will be an integral part of most courses that would allow our products function at the peak of their profession.
The motto of the institution is “excellence and creativity” and this will be our watchword in all spheres of our operation. We will strive to provide a conducive learning environment for our students and take staff welfare very seriously.
Let me seize this opportunity to enjoin all stakeholders to join hands to build a unique centre of excellence.